3.12.2009

Desert -> Denver

I am in Denver, where I will be for a while until heading to FABULOUS LAS VEGAS for the Red Rocks Rendezvous. I would be excited to post some pics and story about how the Rendezvous is going to go, but I don't think I can. After all, what happens in Vegas...

Anyhow, we drove through Indian Creek, the Castle Valley, and the Fisher towers, getting in some good climbing on the way.



Here's our friend Viren (AAI guy and Bellinghamer) leading Crack Attack at Indian Creek.


Allison taking advantage of the TR



Here is Allison appropriately dressed for the route 'Think Pink'



It was Allison's first time in Indian Creek, and neither of us could get over how quiet it was!


I took an introspective moment to decipher some ancient pictographs... I think I have them figured out.


We ended up in the Castle Valley hoping to climb Fine Jade, and although it had snowed a little the night before, the sun was coming out in force!





But as we reached the base of the climb a huge black cloud swept across the valley, and soon it was a full-on snow storm with thunder and lightning as well. We headed for a cave around to the left of the first pitch.



What a great climb!



After an hour of shivering we headed back down to the car. And although the sun emerged later in the day, the route would have been wet and cold.





We headed to the Fisher Towers, walked around the crazy formations, and listened to the rockfall as the soaked sandstone began to dry out...

No comments:

Post a Comment