|Cascades Rock - Blake Herrington's self-published guidebook to the PNW|
- I've written a book! January 2016 - After decades and dozens of new routes since the region's last guidebook, I self-published a guide to climbs in the Cascades. I've received amazing contributions from regionally and nationally known climbers and photographers. My aim was to cover every single worthwhile long route in the area.
Older Published material:
- Spring 2014 - Climbing Magazine Tech Tip
- Oct 2013 - Climbing Magazine Feature
- April 2013 - Seattle Times Travel Feature
- December 2012 - Rock&Ice Magazine - Favorite 5.10 article
- July 2012 - Rock&Ice Magazine - Feature on alpine routes in the Northwest.
- January 2012 - Climbing Magazine 'Classic Climb' Feature
- July 2011 - Alpinist Magazine 'Wired' column on failure, retreat, and embracing unknowns.
- March 2011 - Climbing Magazine feature on a personal favorite route, located in Washington state. Photos by Max Hasson.
- November 2010 - Alpinist Magazine 'Local Hero'
- October 2010 - Seven-page feature in Rock & Ice magazine about little-known routes and management issues in Red Rock National Conservation Area. - Full Text Here
- April 2010 - Climbing Magazine - Tech Tips
- August 2009 - Feature article on a new route in the Cascades. Adventures NW Magazine