5.16.2012

May Climbing Magazine

Check out the May 2012 Climbing Magazine for a piece I wrote as a primer on packing for a big alpine trip!


And the video about their climb:


5 comments:

  1. what a sick piece. the video and the article both super ill. thanks for posting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. Quick question though, the article says they used only a Tibloc and Gri-gri for ascending and no mention of ascenders. At 4:18 on the video you see the second coming up using 2 ascenders. Any info on that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Cheyne edited in some snippets of some other climbs this season - I recognized some features in that video that were on Aguja Guillaumet, not Fitz Roy. A bit of creative license on his part I suppose, given the low priority that filming would have had during such a big, speedy climb. I know that the jugging setup used on Fitz was definitely a GriGri II and a tibloc, so the only added piece of kit and weight was the ~1oz tibloc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, I've never been to the range, so I didn't see that difference. Thanks for getting back on this info. Great blog, writing, and such. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Best Cryptocurrency Recovery Company | Bitcoin Recovery Specialist | Alpha Recovery Experts

    The ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS recovery team is a global licensed forensic organization that can help you recover stolen bitcoin or tokens in a manner that maintains the highest level of discretion and confidentiality. The team of expert cyber-sleuths and cryptocurrency specialists has years of experience in tracking and retrieving digital assets stolen through fraudulent activities, such as phishing scams, ransomware attacks, and hacking incidents. ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS are available 24/7 to provide guidance and support, ensuring that you receive the best possible outcome.

    Contact info;
    Whatsapp +44(745)742,.4681
    Email : (Alpharecoveryexpert@consultant.com)

    ReplyDelete